Monday, December 15, 2014

Tennessean Files--Wolves, Coyotes, And Foxes

    
   "Tennessean Files--Wolves, Coyotes, And Foxes"
   
Me:  1990's--carrier 4 Nashville Banner & witching hour Tennessean.  Went from paperboy to King of the paperboys; plus, arrested, suburban-habitat swarmed by deputies for forging 90 page, ambiguous poem; next, leaving the artistically weird document on my American property for a pseudo-intellectual (me too) nurse to fetch, her armed with rebel-like, proud standards.
  
Anyway:

WOLF:  awesome, mighty, don't smell my shit unless you want to be humped by me.
COYOTE:  good-looking, crazy eyes, balance, mockery--a fine mystical mutt.
FOX:  Eternally beautiful, crafty, gentle yet smartly savage.
   
My observations of the two:
1.)  Neighborhood fox crushed by late-night vehicle.  I observed the canine-like family for some months.  Deputies had blue lights on to investigate the brutal death of a gorgeous creature.  I prayed. Shaken.  Pissed.  Would date a fox-like human.

2.)  Daystar hinting of arrival.  Had slung near 300 papers, throwing up, in suburban driveways for hours.  Then, roadkill.  I stopped.  Got out of ride.  Bent down.  Smoldering coyote passing eternity-ways till  resurrection, rebirth, whatever.  Smelled the dead-eyed beast, it glaring at the curious Otherworld; hence, I invoked Saint Francis to pray for the sublime soul of such an American survivor.  Too, called authorities to have body honorably removed.  

Coydogs viewed as well.  Local paper, I worked for 'em, reported the hybrid dogs as a violent nuisance.  Deputies given unjust authority to shoot on sight.  Yup . . .  Them the late 90's in Franklin/Nashville Tennessee.