Thursday, October 22, 2015

Union Blue: Ease My Pain Baby

   
   "Union Blue:  Ease My Pain Baby"
    
Come on baby,
Let's take a ride in my car,
We won't go far--
Just to the shade, where the pain fades away--
Hide me in that lovely shade,
Hide me in that lovely shade.
Psychotic thinking and heavy drinking,
Brings you down; makes you frown,
Paints your face into a saddened clown.
Wired minds and false inspiration,
Brings you nothing except for pain comes,
Think your a genius in disguise,
Only a fool riding the high.
Ease my pain baby,
Hide me in your shade,
Take my pain away--
Hide me in your lovely shade.

* * *

Indeed.  An adolescent croon from a bard hellbent on obtaining a sophisticated love.  But without a soul mate's comfort--it's never enough.  Bombarded nowadays by way of Internet images carnally showcasing marital disasters.  But--the sublime synergy of two engaged in the noble symphony of true love.  A team.  A union.  A chance at survival.  And what is better than to eternally survive, encompassed in a true love's saving embrace?