Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Weredog Tart (27)

   
   "Weredog Tart (27)"
   
   Lance was not at summer school, due to his Dad's funeral and such; moreover, Siria was again jeered and bullied, and even though a weredog now, she felt crappy and weak.  Not angry, just withered, like unto a wilting flower, or the true meaning of her name and reality of it all--a star-system, so bright, reminding of dogs being chased by malicious mailmen; alas, she went home to her Dad (Noah) in tears; next, the conversation began on the safety of an American home's sofa.

SIRIA
I hate my name Dad!  The kids are still calling me a terrorist, and I hate all the evil and violence in the world; however, I am guilty too.  And I wanna change my name to something normal, like Lucy, after Saint Lucy, her having saved her mother; then, not long ago, robbers stole her body or head or something.  Ugh, the world is so vile.  And the political climate.  Is Hillary a crook?  Is Trump like what the Prophet Daniel saw, the North driving the South out; next, the East gets involved?  SHIT DAD, I'm so freaked by everything!!!

NOAH
Well, the world does seem to be falling apart.  But keep your head up kiddo.  Lance seems like a nice friend--a swell Irish kid who is bruised himself.  You two will have a sublime synergy.  And it's only a month or so before the Steelers take to the turf.

SIRIA
But the freaking politics!  The fake religious people, those who haven't mortified their senses or revered God with fear.  And is He not the only one to fear?

NOAH
Yup.  So don't worry.  Just stay on His team.  King David slaying Goliath for bad-mouthing God is kinda a metaphor.  Men can kill evil giants, and Buffy can slay vampires and demons.  So, be tough, and put your faith in the Trinity.

SIRIA
That's it--I should change my name to Trinity.

NOAH
That me be a little weird too honey.

   Siria dropped her head and growled in despair.