Friday, May 10, 2013

Living with Ulcerative Colitis



   Imagine having 10 to 20 bloody bowel movements a day; moreover, imagine bleeding out of your ass so much that you've needed 2 blood transfusions in your barely 40 years--that's what I deal with every day.
   For the past 4 years I've been in moderate remission, only needing steroids twice; plus, regularly taking Asacol 850mg HD 3 times daily.  However, for the past 3 weeks I've been out of remission with much muster; specifically, I haven't had a normal bowel movement in 3 weeks!  Doctor's have me on pain medication, steroids, and Anucort HC rectal supp. . . Still, I can't stop running to the bathroom, though nothing comes out but bright red blood.  Most likely, I'll be infused with Remicade I.V. next week, something I was on for 2 years in the past, which put me into total remission.
   At my worst, I was down to 114 pounds, standing 5'9" and looking like an emaciated skeleton.  Was hospitalized for a week, having lost over half the blood in my body, needing my 1st blood transfusion--that was approximately 8 years ago, now I'm back with the same shit.  Doctors have already told me that my complete large intestine will have to be removed sometime during my life; then, they'll roll down my small intestine and connect it to my anus.  I almost had that surgery 8 years ago; fortunately, the Remicade I.V. put me into remission.  I was a fool to stop getting infused every 8 weeks, but the cost and the side effects of getting colds and lung infections all the time were too much to deal with.  I just hope I won't need another colonoscopy to scope my large intestine since I had one 4 months ago--my 4th in 40 years.
   With inflammatory bowel disease anything goes.  And you go or don't go.  Wear adult diapers for leakage, and your best pick-up line to chicks is:  "Hey babe, you like a guy who shits in his pants?"
   If that wasn't enough, I've also been diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with Tics or the mere imagery of psychotic features.  I swallow numerous anti-psychotics daily; plus, take SSRI's.  All in all--I take around 10 pills daily; plus, the  needed I.V. treatments and rectal supp . . .  Having a psychotic episode is like being on LSD--everything is supermundane.  Hallucinations of angels, prayers to die, tunnel vision, severe agitation, and violent outbursts where I injure myself.  So what though--I guess.  We all wend through the wicked mire of illness and are haunted by specters of different kinds--the key is to stay positive through it all.  What the hell else can we do!?!  For we all are sons of bitches in some manner.
   Anyway, reading the Amanda Knox Memoir to keep my mind off of being sick, and when you get infused with Remicade I.V it takes nearly 4 hours--so it'll give me time to get to know Foxy Knoxy better.  Ya, if you think your life sux, just read what Miss Knox went through.
   That being said, make sure to read my books, at least one for crazy kicks at least.  Too, they're being made available on Apple iTunes such as WEREWOLF SLUT and TRANSCENDING TWILIGHT: ANGELS ECLIPSE VAMPIRES.  Mark David King's Books
   So, that's about it for today.  Hope everybody is well.
   Sincerely, Mark David King