Saturday, June 24, 2017

Kooky Lucy Frost (19)

   
   "Kooky Lucy Frost (19)"
   
   Kooky Lucy, back seeing the alternative psychiatrist, as always, face to face, her bottle of Purell neatly tucked into the pocket of her white bluejeans.
  
DOCTOR
So, you initially felt chemistry and positive sparks upon meeting Conor; however, after getting a whiff of his breath up your nostrils--you felt invaded?

LUCY
It wasn't like a garbage stink or anything.  It was just . . .

DOCTOR
Alien to you?

LUCY
More or less.

DOCTOR
Some people like to gel.  Others form tribes and separate, this being borders, language, and culture, as might Michael Savage say.  Maybe you need to find people like yourself.

LUCY
But he is like me.  He's kinda coyote weird, but not naughty.  Like a tame dog.  Domesticated.

DOCTOR
Anything you remember, verbally, that set you off in your past?

LUCY
Blew her dirty-blonde out of her face.  When I was 11 years old and at the Great Lakes with my teenage cousin Stevie, she said something very disturbing to me.  I was just a kid that liked STAR WARS and Spider-Man, and out of nowhere she asked me if I knew how a girl gets pregnant; next, goes onto tell me--a guy puts his pee-pee in her bum, and gravy comes out of his pee-pee, and a baby is made--I was totally freaked.  I haven't eaten gravy since.  Anything and everything about gravy disgusts me.  

DOCTOR
Thanksgiving must be a real bummer.

LUCY
I avoid it, like obese people with sweaty pits.  It's all freaking gravy to me.  Little kids with gravy coming out of their nose.  It's all gravy.

DOCTOR
G. Gordon Liddy conquered his fear of rats by killing one; then, he ate its left hindquarter, raw.

LUCY
You're saying that I should kiss Conor's gravy-making mouth?

DOCTOR
You want to, right?

LUCY
Not if he's got gravy in there.

   The Doctor actually laughed.