Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Indigo Samson (6)

   
   "Indigo Samson (6)"
   
   Their lockers, a few doors down, the bell rings, and the teens go scurrying like salmon upstream; however, Maxie and Samson are glued to the astonishment of being anchored before one another, fixated upon the soul-fire glow of each others' eyes.

MAXIE
I'm Maxie.  I'm Irish Catholic.  Well, I guess everybody in this school knows that.  I really like football as well.  Bit her bottom lip, hating to sound like a dork.  

SAMSON
Was calm and cool.  Glad and humbled she made the first exchange.  I know you, kinda.  Like your hair too.  A bluish tint to that jet black pixie cut.  And with the green fire of a jungle in your effulgent eyes.

MAXIE
Ecstatic that he was giving her compliments.  Didn't know how to play it.  Blushed; next, became herself.  I thought I was a voice crying in the wilderness.  That you wouldn't hear me.

SAMSON
I hear the vibes of oppression, and you are my people.  Want a date?  Pizza is always good.  They got that new place, JABBA THE HUTT'S PIE WAGON.

MAXIE
Oh, I love the PIE WAGON.  It's like you're reading my mind.

SAMSON
Not totally.  Just have enchanted empathy.  Something lost by most in this world.