Sunday, September 10, 2017

Indigo Samson (9)

   
   "Indigo Samson (9)"
   
   Ultimately, into JABBA THE HUTT'S PIE WAGON, and like two ladies gone preggers, Maxie and Samson agreed to order a large pizza with anchovies and multi-hued gummi bears.  It was delicious, odd, quirky, strong, fertile, and harvest--all simultaneously.  Then, after a shy burp, Maxie blushed, Samson swept his long mane back, and the twosome shared the synergy of a giggle; next, a little theological symposium of sorts ignited, Maxie probing:  "Doctors told me not to read the Old Testament, and that I should convert to Protestantism, for there is too much pressure on a practicing Catholic."
   Samson with:  "3rd leading cause of death are doctors and nurses.  Too, Jesus Christ gets all His best material from the Old Testament."
   Maxie swallowed one last cheesy gummi bear:  "I stopped going to the doctor after that.  I use my Priest as my therapist now.  But my father doesn't believe.  Mom and me are the only ones at Mass on Sunday."
   "Sounds like my situation."  Samson groaned.  "But remember--man lives not on bread alone, but on every word breathed from the mouth of God.  And God is everywhere.  Protestants lock God into the Bible.  They bind God.  Even a Ninja, a poor farmer, can learn how to fight against an imperialistic Samurai.  Do you watch cartoons?  I like Scooby-Doo, for kicks I'm talk'n."
   Maxie smiled:  "You're so weird.  But I like it.  I really like it."