Friday, March 18, 2016

Coyote Blue and the Kraut

   
   "Coyote Blue and the Kraut"
   
I have no real friends; plus, my Dad just died--
The Old Man got alcohol poisoning from issues driving him to transcend pie-eyed;
Regardless, he was a hard-working, steeled Pittsburgh man--
Left me a 1956 Chevy, which was not the plan
For Chevrolet--their 1955's and 1957's were the shit--
Oh yeah, it's 1958 Pittsburgh, and I'm not on a Flux Capacitor trip,
And my dog named Blue gives us great synergy,
Offering a playful, social activity,
Gravitating beyond phobias that used to keep me inside,
Where when Blue's Mom mated with a Coyote on the turf's joyride.
I've raised him since a pup, with an asymmetrical German mind,
Knowing Martin Luther is in Heaven, having followed Christ's mystical hind.
And my Mom named Michaela plays the part of the grieving widow,
A flaxen-haired lover of Bifrost--to the realm of the gods it does go.
Yeah, I dig my Catholic truths and pagan whispers from all of my life,
But having blonde hair and blue eyes in 1958--I'm always in a fight.
Especially since my name is German, and so am I--
Trust me, I'm a decent soul, but I've been served my humble pie,
But since Korea, I'm not that shy.