Thursday, March 24, 2016

Jesus, Mary Magdalene, and Easter

   
   "Jesus, Mary Magdalene, and Easter"
   
   I've mentioned I'm a Catholic; nevertheless, one thing I learned from the Southern Baptists is the pure poetry of the King James Bible; thus, I will use it, mostly.  
   Sure, some say Peter "The Rock" was a bit jealous of the purified, healed woman named Mary Magdalene.  Woman:  A word used as a term of endearment at the time.  During the Passion, Christ looking down upon his inviolate Mother, saying:  "Woman, behold your Son."
   Anyway, plenty of weird and wild stuff forged from knocking Chief off the Tower, like Christ was married to Mary Magdalene, or that John, the Disciple he loved, the only one at the Crucifixion, had a homo-erotic relationship with Jesus.  Hogwash--like Christ casting devils into suicidal swine.  I still don't believe he ate a pork chop, even though breaking the food laws, as the Torah in the Flesh.
   But he let a doubting Thomas touch him after the Resurrection, yet not Mary Magdalene, as offered in Chapter 20 of the Gospel of John--like this:  "Jesus said unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father:  but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."