Wednesday, March 23, 2016

That Guy Is A Toots

   
   "That Guy Is A Toots"
   
   Toots:  something like honey or babe; on the contrary, can have even more slang, meaning the person is a miscreant of sorts, whatever.
   Back in the day, when restaurants had packs of matches near the entrance/exit, and Bennigan's was all the jazzy rage, it being an Irish-themed, tavern-like eatery, where brawling was only on rare occasion, my Old Man (Dad) took me there for some Bud Heavy.
   My Dad was a lady's man.  Nordic in appearance, with blue eyes even more aglow with effulgence than that of Paul Newman--God rest his soul; furthermore, my Dad would always quote Newman from the flick BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID, comically saying:  "Who the hell are these guys?"  
    Anyway, as my lady's man bio-Dad and myself threw back John Barleycorn resurrected in the brew, a hot-looking blonde sat across from us at the bar.  My Dad was all confident smiles and cool as Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli "Fonzie" until a man addicted to dandyism sat down next to the hot lass.
   The lady pulled out a menthol, and my Dad searched his cigarette pocket for some sulfur-burning matches; however, the well-dressed man unsheathed a cigarette lighter covered in fancy bling; next, ignited the tart's coffin nail.  My Dad did not look happy.  He turned to me, and in a serious but jocular tone offered:  "Mark, that guy is a Toots."   Yup--in another realm, my Dad was punching that dandy dude out.