Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Existence Womb (84)

   
   "Existence Womb (84)"
   
   Buck wended his weird way to the Catholic Church, seeking confession.  He met with an elderly priest ornamented in the Roman collar, a simple-looking man, wearing those large Larry King glasses that were all the jazz back in the Reagan era.  Going face to face in confession was how Buck always did it--no reason to wear an uncouth mask.
   
BUCK
Bless me father, for I have sinned--it has been a long time since my last confession.

PRIEST
Go on my son.

BUCK
I have had carnal thoughts concerning a young girl.  And she wants to engage in carnal acts with me; however, she has been through plenty, and I fear she is not yet ready, but I do love her.  You see, her mother had dementia, and she was the soul caretaker.  And her father is crackers himself.  I don't know what to do.

PRIEST
What does your heart tell you?

BUCK
To either marry her and let love last, or stay celibate and be the man that I am.

PRIEST
It seems you have committed no sin my son.  Other than worrying too much.  Let God handle all things.  Trust in Him.

BUCK
But there are liars among us.

PRIEST
Indeed, and there always will be--until the Son of Man returns, coming down from the clouds of heaven.

BUCK
I don't feel any better father.

PRIEST
Say an Act of Contrition, and see me in a week.

BUCK
That's it!?!

PRIEST
I'm only a man my son.