Sunday, April 10, 2016

Existence Womb (90)

   
   "Existence Womb (90)"
   
   Miriam approached the coyote.  It sat and offered a friendly paw, like a trained house dog.  She willingly shook it, and could've sworn the coyote smiled innocently at her.
  
MIRIAM
I uh, kinda noticed you sound like a girl, but you said your name was Freddy.

FREDDY
Us coyotes are weird, but true.  And I am female.

MIRIAM
Are you here to tell me something?  I know you are.  

FREDDY
My friend Miriam--laugh at yourself and all the reptile scat in life.  Us coyotes have symmetrical bowel evacuation. We can live on mice, toxic waste, whatever--we're survivors, with a sense of humor.

MIRIAM
It's kinda hard to laugh.  Evil angels have harassed me, my Mom died, and my father is bananas.

FREDDY
Hundreds of thousands of people go missing each year.  You're not the only tortured soul.  Laugh them off; keep all your negativity in your tail; furthermore, grow a metaphorical tail and make it contain all the toxins in life.

MIRIAM
You are silly, but I trust your teachings.

FREDDY
Don't take life so seriously; you're a survivor.  Keep your faith.  Get some Rosary beads and continue your path to God, the Great Spirit.  You will learn to teach too, in a goofball way.  Show the haters themselves by imitating them--hold up a magic mirror to show them how they disrespect the elders and all that is holy.  You will be amazed at this uncanny power.  And remember Christ saying GET BEHIND ME Satan.  Of course, you never follow a coyote, and if they're behind you--it is their doom.

MIRIAM
Thank you.  Thank you for your wisdom.

FREDDY
My goofball wisdom.  Hey, how did Captain Hook die?

MIRIAM
What?  I don't know.

FREDDY
Jock itch.  And Miriam snorted a blinding giggle; plus, Freddy disappeared.