Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Man from Laramie (1955)

   
   "The Man from Laramie (1955)"
   
   Snowing in Nashville/Franklin area today--a dreary day; thus, just watched The Man from Laramie starring James Stewart with Mom and step-dad--it was awesome!  Double talk, repeating rifles, Apache, a mystery; plus, a beautiful girl that never gets kissed, for Jimmy Stewart is a true gentleman--he's got couth.  
   Having seen Day of the Evil Gun (1968) starring Glenn Ford at my Pap's house when I was a teenager, I figured there could be no better Western; at the same time, when I saw Silverado starring Kevin Kline in 1985  during a vacation to Colorado years before, I figured the same thing, at that particular flux of time.  Next, Tombstone starring Kurt Russell lit me on holy fire, but truly--The Man from Laramie is the freaking metaphorical bomb concerning an unwanted anti-hero doing his best to solve a crime, stay alive, and remain as innocent as a dove.  It lassoed my lonely heart.