Saturday, January 28, 2017

Umbrage over watching football

   
   "Umbrage over watching football"
   
   On 1/20/1980 I cried and became as annoyed as an angry baby when Vince Ferragamo and the Rams lost to the Steelers--even though born in Pittsburgh, due to the fact that the Steelers had beaten the Cowboys (my team) twice in the big game; thus, I had no choice but to hope for the Steelers to lose, and that was stupid on my part.  Ferragamo played a great game, and as my mother calmly explained:  "They get paid tons of money, and they're more unhappy for losing than you."
   My biological father, a hardcore Steelers fan, once pulled a bathroom sink out of the wall after the Steelers lost a game, according to my mother.  Just don't get pissed if your team loses.  Those dudes are filthy rich, and most of us have nothing in comparison.  Just enjoy the game, pray that every player does their best with their God-given talents, and eat some cheese dip.  That's all you can do.