Monday, November 30, 2015

PSLAM 54--the fighter/bard, David

   
   "PSALM 54--the fighter/bard, David"
    
   The most read poet--King David.  It usually wends in the direction of the Bible; then, Shakespeare; next, Agatha Christie as being things mostly read.  But first, from Guns and Roses:
   
Your stupid girlfriends tell you that I'm to blame--
Girl they're all used up has-beens, out of the game--
If they knew half the real truth, what would they say?

PSALM 54:
Save me, O God, by thy name, and judge me by thy strength.

Hear my prayer, O God:  give ear to the words of my mouth.

For strangers are risen up against me, and oppressors seek after my soul:  they have not set God before them.

Behold, God is mine helper:  the Lord is with them that uphold my soul.

He shall reward evil unto mine enemies:  cut them off in thy truth.

   There is more--check it out . . .