Thursday, June 16, 2016

Liberty's Sparkle (62)

   
   "Liberty's Sparkle (62)"
  
   Like mystical stardust, the conversation was forever, going this way now:
  
LIBERTY
Bobby Rook, right?  The Monsignor let me know.

ROOK
Yeah, I only move in a straight line, though vertically or horizontally; plus, hopefully bring some light into the darkness.  Metaphysical talk, ya know?

LIBERTY
My name is Liberty.  I lost my father and my husband to bad circumstance; plus, my best friend to holy intervention.

ROOK
Lost my right testicle.  Got Ulcerative Colitis; next, lost half the blood in my body--the wife left and took my son.  Anyway, I evacuate my bowels plenty--so I'm not full of crap like my half-brother.  He used to clog the commode all the time when we were kids with huge piles of stool.

LIBERTY
You're weird.  But, very interesting.  I guess that's why we're all here today--to listen, learn, and cope, using the fellowship of grief as a thing to heal.

ROOK
You have piercing eyes.

LIBERTY
A small blush, yet a true blush nevertheless.  I like your hair.  Buzz cuts sometimes mean a very clean man.

ROOK
Or a white supremacist, which of course--I'm not.

LIBERTY
Laughed.   Your eyes have too much sorrow to conceal any hate.

ROOK
Thanks.  That's the coolest thing a chick has said to me in ages.