Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Liberty's Sparkle (70)

   
   "Liberty's Sparkle (70)"
   
   The luminosity of lovely Liberty and the metaphysical mystery of Bobby Rook lay in their bunk bed, him atop, reading pulp fiction; specifically, an urban fantasy tale popular with the kids of today, having an internal itch that something more than the mainstream media was affecting their spiritual vibrations; regardless, her on the bottom bunk, petting Spanky, but not heavily; anyway, the conversation ignited.

ROOK
So, you were married?

LIBERTY
You would've liked Tom.  Had OCD with Tics, like hyperactivity of the basal ganglia; next, it got cancerous, and all was gone, but he lives on, in Papa's Arms.

ROOK
I can dig it.  Catholic--like me.  Suffering--like me.  My ex-wife and son were my life, but when we'd wake up, she'd see all the blood on the bed and freak out; next, I lost my testicle.  And Wikipedia is full of shit.  People with Ulcerative Colitis do require blood transfusions--I've had two.  

LIBERTY
Does it hurt?

ROOK
Like someone stabbing me in the right side of my abdomen.  And painkillers are hated by the government.  Was on opiates for two years, never abused, never chased the dragon, just wanted peace, not euphoria; still, assholes chase the high, and us in pain get screwed by a government ruled by an underground force.  And I never looked on the street for heroin or crap like that, just took Tylenol, and dealt with it.  

LIBERTY
Herb for the service of man said King David.

ROOK
Israel has like twenty strains of medical cannabis, knowing the truth.  But no one here gives a shit; anyway, it sucks to be sick.  Wish I was normal, could have a wife and child, work a job, and do the bullshit American thing.  People called me a pillhead, all types of bullying and shit.  Totally screw them.  Karma comes back.  God will haunt those assholes in hell, not that I want that, for I believe in the Son of Man, Christ, not the Son of a reptilian, but truly, the Son of Man, like Ezekiel knew when he saw the Four Living Creatures with many facial features.

LIBERTY
So you are truly Catholic, Rook?

ROOK
I honor the angels and saints.  Of course that makes me Catholic.  Martin Luther got rid of invocation to beauty, and look at Protestantism--splintering into a myriad of differences.  Calvin was no Aquinas.  Tebow is the only Protestant I trust.

LIBERTY
Amen.  Played like nine NFL games, started as Quarterback that is, and won seven.  Lost to the Patriots after butt-whooping the Steelers in the play-offs.  People don't want God--they want money.

ROOK
Hell, it's America.  The dollar is God.