Thursday, February 2, 2017

Hey Chief (5)

   
   "Hey Chief (5)"
   
   Max and Paul had ignited a protracted conversation over her repeatedly bringing him more and more sunny-side up eggs.  Paul knew never to order scrambled, for they could drop them on the floor; next, scoop them right up and you'd never know.  Anyway, he kept re-ordering the eggs to talk to Max, and had gotten her name by now, and she his.  Feeling the axiomatic connection the twosome had for one another, Max took her break, sitting across from Paul in the booth, and they chatted it up.  

MAX
Your mustache is a paragon.

PAUL
Liked her Waffle House vocabulary.  I'm a barber--it's a bit of dandyism on my part.

MAX
Yeah, you're a sharp dresser too.  Most folks in these parts are all blue jeans and flannel.

PAUL
I've thought about it--I do use chaw--got some red on my neck.

MAX
We all do around here.  Hell, it's Arkansas.

PAUL
That's what they keep telling me; anyway, I'm not exactly a lady's man, but you sure got some sincere beauty about you.  Would you like to rent Eddie the Eagle at a Redbox and watch it with me at my trailer?

MAX
Blushed, having hoped for a date question.  I'm not easy, but a guy as neatly attired as you displays merit.  I'd love to hang with you Paul.

   The suave synergy of the two souls exchanged numbers, and the date was set.