Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Sons of Men

   
   "The Sons of Men"
   
   The Prophet Ezekiel saw a wheel or disc-shaped craft that landed, revealing Living Creatures with four wings and four faces--sorry for the science fiction reference, but the movie, The Chronicles of Riddick, touches upon this--in a way.  And Ezekiel was one of the first to refer to himself as the son of man, which Christ used to describe Himself as well.
   When you go to the grocery market or wherever, you always see a hot girl or a nice-looking guy here and there, but give me your full mind:  Every few years or so, or more, you might see a man or woman that is beyond the beauty of Hollyweird, shining with the face of an angel.  Someone you are in total awe of, not just a mere mortal woman with a good ass in tight jeans I'm talk'n.  
   On the flip side, you see the deranged and monstrous.  A few years back, I was fishing @ the Little Harpeth River in the woods, and I had the windows in my car rolled down halfway for my dog to enjoy the autumn breeze; anyway, she laid down inside and took a snooze.  Shortly thereafter, some bizarre-looking man stumbled out of the woods with a deranged and diabolical look in his eyes, and he began to approach me, muttering profane words.  I had left my knife in the car, and he was moving closer towards my presence. 
   Fortunately, my dog awoke, rising through the window, and while usually meek, she began to bark and howl violently towards this essence of humanity, mad-dog drool foaming from her furious fangs; next, her paws got out of the window, and the sinister essence knowing it would be a fight, disappeared into the woods.  
   I dashed back inside my car, tossing my fishing pole in the backseat, grabbed my blade, locked the doors, thanked God and my dog; then, made a fast and furious exodus out of there.