Sunday, August 13, 2017

Virgin Ninja (9)

   
   "Virgin Ninja (9)"
   
   After the motorcycle race, which Joanna Blanc clearly won, Bobby McQuade followed her home to a humble trailer with a Saint Francis statue out front in a pastoral setting with plenty of platinum jasmine.  They both removed their helmets, unsaddled their bikes, and greeted each other--Joanna having a toothy smile, and Bobby doing the Han Solo half-grin.
   "You're pretty fast."  Bobby stated.
   Joanna blew her short curls of champagne out of her eyes, saying:  "But, you kept up--pretty cool, guy.  Now, are you gonna tell me your name?"
   Bobby puffed out his chest and used his extra vertebrae to stand two inches taller.  "I'm Bobby, Bobby McQuade."
   Joanna shook his hand, continuing her adorable smile:  "I'm Joanna.  And while I don't usually do this--come inside, and we'll have a cold glass of green tea.  You do like tea?"
   Bobby, surprised:  "Well yes.  I love tea."