Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Brave 1980's Television Star

   
   "Brave 1980's Television Store"
   
   For the Norse gods--you get taken to Valhalla by blonde Valkyries if you show courage.  Jesus:  "Fear not."  Similar.  A good-looking television star diagnosed with bad stuff, shaking, trembling, problems with speech, asymmetrical walking gait, and I heard a radio show host mock him--the nice guy that did BACK TO THE FUTURE--ya know.
   You think maybe sometimes he doesn't want to get out of bed in the morning?  Like a cowboy having slept on the hot terrain next to venomous critters and thieving canines, he pulls himself up from the Earth, his ass having been fully kicked the day before, and he does soldier on. 
   You can always lay there and die.  And like that nurse told me when I was 28 years of age, 114 pounds, and she flipped me over in bed like a floppy waffle:  "I know when it's my time to go--when I lose control of my bowels."  She can go to hell.  And I would've laid in that damn hospital till I died, if it hadn't been for a little Mexican cleaning lady that came into my room, gawked at me; next, exclaimed:  "What are you doing here!?!  You so young.  Get out of here.  You can't be sick.  You're so young."  I had myself unplugged and left.  Thank God for that lady.
   Now, I guess it's time to just enjoy and accept being an old man.  Everything hurts.  Doctors gave me pills that cause stomach bleeding.  Great.  I feel so secure with these cranks.  
   And if you do go, just remember the words in that cool movie:  "It's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."  Being uncool doesn't mean being beaten to hell--it means giving people shit when they already have enough of allegorical fecal matter on their Snoopy "Special Edition" lunch plate.