Friday, March 23, 2018

Francis and Mom--reunited

   
   "Francis and Mom--reunited"
  
   11 years ago, when I moved back to Tennessee, Mom had never laid down ground rules, for they were dictated by others; moreover, she said Francis would go to Catholic school, walking there every morning with a bag of lunch under his arm--it never happened, yet we took care of the others' children for years, everyday, picking them up at school, feeding them and other nice things.
   Away from Mom for two days was a melancholy groove.  I have only OCD; thus, count everything and keep notes.  She wasn't fed, brushed, groomed, and so on.  I looked through all the trash, and went to the dump the morning I returned, saving my family more expenses.
   Was told I can't take Mom for rides--no gas.  Have to beg to get her zinc and food.  Francis has lived in squalor himself for years.  Desire to get him involved in a baseball league or something, teach him the Ten Commandments, and instruct him to read comic books or Tom Sawyer.
   So I fed and medicated Mom as soon as I returned.  They had her laying on her back, flat, looking up at the ceiling, which is a plotting way to give pneumonia.  Too, her bed sore was flared, them not having medicated it, changed her clothes, and so on.  I mixed zinc with antibiotic balm, putting myrrh and turmeric powder in it.  Overnight the redness ceased.  They did not give her the laxative as I mentioned, and I document all her actions--and am the only one who talks to her like she's a great person, never giving pity, yet hope.  
   I've had my 5th Amendment stolen, my Freedom of Religion, and all the rest.  All that should occur is peace, yet now their fear again threatens me.  Let me love my Mom, guide my son to be a mere welder or something, teach him the Pledge of Allegiance, and enjoy the sunny days and walks in the park.  Mom is happy to see Francis.  She told me yesterday, after I asked her if she was glad he was here:  "Yup."  A single cognizant word from her makes me smile all day.  She is a true trooper, in sublime fashion.