Monday, March 5, 2018

Werefox Vaquero--a cup of java

   
   "Werefox Vaquero--a cup of java"
  
   Quaint and cool little coffee house.  Ela and Max sipping on some ice-chilled caffeine and coffee bean.  Across from each other, and boy was there magnetic attraction.  
  
MAX
Yeah, what--are there more than 27 different nervous system disorders?  What the heck; we're all wired differently, mostly.  Some people are a Camaro, others a Nissan; next, you have pick-up truck people, and the bikers--you pick'n up what I'm putting down?

ELA
Of course.  What, you think I'm just a stupid cowgirl?

MAX
Grinned.  Gave me a lie detector test years back.  I told them the copper levels in my blood are high, explaining that copper is a strong conductor; furthermore, said the machine was bullshit and affected by its proximity to me, not for all people, but for some.  No more on that story.  Just like not everybody needs the same diet.  A wolf and coyote are related; however, different diet.  Is the world pick'n up what I'm putting down?

ELA
Possibly.  Yet some people don't want the world to know.  Control.  Power.  Domination.  Shit--it's America--a Free Country.  A Bill of Rights, now raped.  People living under exploitation and manipulation.  An ex-wife that hated her husband, poisoned him, and now law enforcement is after him because she shows her goodies, and the cops do a little boob juggling.  Boob juggling isn't what it used to be, they don't even have it at the circus anymore.  But in Great Britain, they have topless darts.

MAX
Topless darts.  One of my favorite sports.

ELA
You're a nice guy.  Quirky, but cool.  And remember--I'm halfway decent myself.  Not here to screw you.  It would just be nice to have a sidekick.  And yeah--I'm the girl and you're the guy--you gonna deal with that?

MAX
Why the heck not.  Truth is the best of traits.  And if we ever do make love, make sure you wear your socks, for feet creep me out.

ELA
Maybe you should date a mermaid then.

MAX
Smiled.  I think I'll stick with you for now.