Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bunnies in my suburban sprawl

   
   "Bunnies in my suburban sprawl"
   
    I was minding my own business, choking down an organic lung dart, when a small mammal from the family Leporidae; specifically, a RABBIT; moreover, a baby bunny came hopping like an infant Peter Cottontail into my garage/hangout.  I turned down the Skynyrd, forgetting Alabama for a moment; next, I scooped up the retreating bunny, minding not to burn it with my hot cherry, blazing my prayers to Grandfather as wended away the electric-blue, purifying smoke.
   My Step-Dad was planting a shrub or some crap like that in front of our cookie cutter suburban stronghold, and he pointed me in the direction of the family hole.  I placed the bunny down on the freshly-cut grass, and was stupefied, I'm easily stupefied, as another baby bunny hopped outwards under the daystar's dangerous dream of predatory birds.  I wasn't worried about the local foxes, my Irish Wolf Hound (a Will Wheaten Terrier), keeping away the wild canines, including coyotes, with her defensive posture and rumbling vociferousness.
   Anyway, I hope the bunnies grow boldways, eating plenty of carrots, evading the antiquated necessity of the food chain.  Here's a picture I snapped of the action.