Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Lime-Green Machine: KDX 200

   
   "Lime-Green Machine:  KDX 200"
   
   When I had my Suzuki GN 250, or my two Ninja 250's, people always told me they were little kid bikes--"Bravo Sierra!"  I do rightfully exclaim.
   My Suzuki GN 250 could sprint to sixty as fast as a 1985 Camaro with a 305 small block and four barrel; plus, my Ninjas could hit sixty in five seconds and do near 115 MPH--this is not a little kid's bike, bucko.
   When I was 11 years of age, having a small Yamaha 80cc, some kid in Richmond let me drive his Kawasaki  KDX 80cc, and it ran like a little, scalded dog.  Moreover, I had the green eyes of jealousy over the Kawasaki's mean, lime-green radiance, it driving me to yearn hungrily to own one.  It has always been my dream to have such a potent enduro-type of on-and-off road cycle.
   The old-school KDX 200 is mean and alive in furious green.  It will hit sixty under seven seconds, and top out a little over 80 MPH.  I find no other cycle more aesthetically-pleasing; plus, in some cases, you're dealing with a 2-cycle, which causes superior velocity and more vibrating-energy--it offers more torque out of the hole, I'm talk'n.  
   I had an ethnically Nordic friend during my dropout of adolescence who had a Honda XR 200, and it was severely swift to sixty, but my GN 250 could take it, especially on the top end.  I had that little Suzuki up to 83 MPH on Hinson Road in Little Rock during 1988, blowing past the rich kids coming home from private school.  I was so shaken by the quicksilver of topping her out on a winding road, that after the race, I found a quiet patch of real estate and nervously smoked an unfiltered Lucky Strike, it ignited to life by a sulfur-stricken match, back in the days when they made matches--hey, it's toasted.