Friday, November 3, 2017

Reflections of his daughter and mate

 
   "Reflections of his daughter and mate"
   
   Why do you always teach me Dad?  To punch that swinging bag?  To work on cars?  To cuss?  And to grow up to be a tough lady?  And you tell me I have an Advocate.  A little bird that will always fight for me, if I stay in God's Graces.  You cry when I get on the bus, and when I come home you teach me how to fight.
   The world is cruel.  They're in our houses.  They're our best friends.  Plotting.  And this is not paranoia, but a true fact.  Everyone is out to have the upper hand.  To wear the best clothes.  To defile the prettiest girls.  I want you to be tough.  Don't ever be a victim.
   But you're not like that Dad.  Why?
   Most poor people aren't.  The dirt poor only have one treasure, and that's what's in their heart.  A home, where they'll always be safe.  Way out in the country.  Dogs.  A flagpole with an angel on guard.  Water.  Canned food.  Vitamins.  And beer.
   Dad, you can't talk to your daughter about beer.
   No.  But one day, you can have one with your mother.
   Where's Mom?
   Off, trying to save this world.  She's always trying to save this world, and I want you to be just like her.