Wednesday, March 22, 2017

1965 Shelby GT 350

   
   "1965 Shelby GT 350"
   
   At one point in the mid-1980's, my family in Arkansas possessed the pony power of three Mustangs, and I was damn pleased to be in the company of such a stampeding herd of them masculine, muscle-sculpted horses running free on the asphalt ballet of it all.  My older sibling had a 1969 Mustang, being a fire-red small block with a torque-inspired 302 that would sink the fillings in your teeth even deeper within, having a factory hood induction and dual exhaust; however, being spoon fed at a private college into believing in the bourgeois yuppie factor, he set the pony free, but who am I to judge, for I'm a pseudo-redneck, not in touch with whole foods; plus, I've never attempted to go on an idealistic safari for Sasquatch in Canada.  Anyway, I'm talking about the 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350 HERE, having an overhead valve, being a 4.7 litre with 8 cylinders; moreover, two valves per cylinder.  Here are some specs and performance levels--here we go:

RWD; also, 4-speed manual gearbox.

289 Cubic Inches.

Horses under the hood:  306.

Torque outta the hole:  329 ft-lb.

0-60:  5.7 seconds.

Quarter Mile run:  14.5 seconds @ 98 mph.

Top Speed:  134.