Friday, March 17, 2017

Fox Biddable (22)

   
   "Fox Biddable (22)"
   
   Clovis Bloom was back in the shrink's office, doing it non-Freudian style, sitting face to face with the introspective physician.  The twosome then ignited the therapeutic talk.  
  
SHRINK
So, what's been going on Clovis?

CLOVIS
Well, I've figured out some of my phobias concerning the drama of why I haven't engaged in intercourse yet, but I'll save that for another time.  Right now--I'd like to talk about algebra.

SHRINK
Algebra?

CLOVIS
Yup--I didn't know what the hell was going on in high school algebra.  I was so confused.  Numbers and letters next to each other make no sense to me.  So, my Dad got me this tutor, but all he did was chew ice in my ear and call me George; next, my high school teacher told me I could either get my act in line, or go home and watch All My Children.

SHRINK
What did you do?

CLOVIS
I went home and watched All My Children.  Hell, I tried for years to get it, with everything I had--it was just so ambiguous to me.  Nobody knows how hard I tried.  So, I became my own pedagogue, reading Shakespeare, who might actually be Sir Francis Bacon, and while no student is above his teacher, I now ponder if I'm above myself or not.  And buffet food creeps me out.  Never eat from anything that has a sneeze guard, for a sneeze can travel twenty feet, wending its way faster than light speed, and full of creepy cooties.

SHRINK
I'm gonna up your anti-psychotics.  You may develop some twitching.

CLOVIS
G-r-e-a-t . . .