Monday, February 19, 2018

Coyotes in neighborhood this morning

  
   "Coyotes in neighborhood this morning"
  
   At 3:00 AM I awoke to the sounds of yips and yaps.  Didn't want to mention it, for don't need overzealous law enforcement hunting these creatures; however, I must, for the coyote is a teacher; specifically, a wise/fool.
   While being stalked and hunted all their lives, one killed every minute in America, the coyote is one of the most loyal animals, usually mating for life, and loving their pups.
   If you don't fear them--they can't hurt you.  They teach us to laugh at ourselves, not take our lives too seriously; plus, warn us of trickery.  
   I exited my suburban stronghold, armed (ya never know), and went out to take a look around.  The Moon was not visible, and there were moving clouds with only a smudge of stars ornamenting the Heavens.  
   I wish them well, and am always aware that there are very few coincidences in life.  Long live dogs.