Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Adolescents and Old People

   
   "Adolescents and Old People"
   
   Went to McDonald's to get my elderly mother some fries; specifically, large fries; plus, myself--a Big Mac, was having the weremeat attack--you guys know what I'm say'n.  
   Anyway, teenage girls in front of me, wanting a specially forged beverage--some type of coffee with a certain number of ice cubes in in to match their numerology beliefs, and I have reverence for those that dabble in benign metaphysical things.
   Regardless, the stress of the wait on my withered yet wily frame, now in its mid-40's, well it was all I could do to stand, wanting to mercurially rush through things and quickly bring my mother back some carbs for weight gain.
   Next, a shitload of kids came in, getting in my space, but dubbed me "Sir" and that was really cute and all, but the generational differences really freak me.  The loudness.  The bravado of eternal forever, like Peter Pan happening in your aging and leathery face, but some artists appreciate the lines.
   I dunno.  Just want to read the newspaper, watch the local news, and get lost in the silence of growing towards the grave.  How morbid and macabre?  Nah, I'm a realist, but crazy enough to still believe in God.