Saturday, May 28, 2016

Liberty's Sparkle (35)

   
   "Liberty's Sparkle (35)"
   
   Liberty lost the baby--it was a bloody mess; furthermore, rushed to the emergency room, Tom having used her phone to swiftly dial 911; moreover, after she was further examined, hours upon hours, the physician told her she would no longer be able to have a child.  Liberty wept.
   Tom and Faye were chain-smoking organic tobacco products outside of the hospital, having heard all the melancholy news.  Tom saying:  "It's all my fault.  They're after me; specifically, don't wanna give me a chance."
   Faye was like:  "Hold on dude.  This could just be a test.  Chance.  Fate.  Whatever.  Don't assume."
   Tom replied sadly:  "But I see them at night.  They pin me down--they're in my mind.  I'm rotten to the core."
   Faye hugged him with pure love, consoling him with her newly found female empathy.  She burst into tears, having heard Liberty's stories about Tom's condition, and whether this was otherworldly or just a roll of the dice--it didn't matter--it sucked eggs, and they stunk.  
   Faye asked through sobs:  "What are you going to do now?"
   Tom with:  "Maybe I should leave.  Let Liberty have the trailer and just waste myself."
   Faye pushed him out of her embrace:  "That freaking girl, my best friend--she adores you sweet Tom.  Don't you dare walk away."
   Tom was like:  "But I'm pure poison.  The contagion is all around me."
   Faye screamed:  "Fight it damn't!"
   Tom lowered his head; next, he wept also.