Friday, May 6, 2016

Liberty's Sparkle (7)

   
   "Liberty's Sparkle (7)"
    
   Liberty decided to play hooky; indeed, it was time to hang out with her Goth friend Faye, grab some banana pancakes at the local Waffle House, and engage in girl-talk symposium, or just plain hang out and shoot the shit--like guys do.  So, after munching down their breakfast, followed by sips of hot coffee with plenty of sugar and cream, the two girls gelled.  
  
FAYE
I totally can't believe you skipped work today.  You Liberty--with such ethics.

LIBERTY
Ah, you don't know me all that well.  I mean we've been neighbors for a a while, but I tend to stay away from the social scene--got a touch of social phobia.

FAYE
I always figured.  Regardless, tell me something about you--like, what's been going on besides all the bullshit in life?  You know, how you grew up and stuff--tell me?  

LIBERTY
I'm totally freaked by people.  My Mom did that I guess.  Turned her back on Dad and me.  Ran away with a garden hose salesman.

FAYE
Wait--a garden hose salesman.  You gotta be kidding, right?

LIBERTY
It sounds sleazy, and it is.  Anyway, I just couldn't talk to people after that.  Thought they were all infected by something nefarious, like I had telepathy or something.  Signed up for Community College a few years ago, but there was no way I could gel with people.  Did finish an Art Appreciation Class, just because the teacher would always turn off the lights and just show us pictures and images of art.  I really liked Michelangelo's Pieta--the Virgin Mary holding Her only Son Jesus, after the Crucifixion.

FAYE
That's deep stuff.  And I know you read.  Not spying or nothing, but I've seen into your apartment and all those books you have.

LIBERTY
Yeah, I like science fiction; plus, physics is cool too.  Finished Michio Kaku's HYPERSPACE, and I really liked it, for it seemed to be written for the layperson, like me.  He talks about poetry and art and merges it all together with cool space and time theories.

FAYE
Yeah, I've read some Vonnegut.  Dude was a bad ass.  Got captured in World Ward 2 fighting those damn Germans, near Dresden.

LIBERTY
Clears her throat, never thinking Faye one to read Vonnegut--what a small world.  I've enjoyed this Faye.  I'm sorry if I judged you by all your piercing and Goth-like attire.  I'm just freaked by people, ya know.

FAYE
Get over it--now we should have more pancakes.  You're buying right?  Smiles, and Liberty just grinned a loving look in the Goth girl's direction.