Friday, May 27, 2016

Liberty's Sparkle (32) SCRUPULOSITY

   
   "Liberty's Sparkle (32) SCRUPULOSITY"
   
   Liberty came home to the trailer on wheels, feeling better after her mercurial symposium with Faye; however, when she entered, she noticed Tom on the floor, naked, praying in French; specifically, invoking the Virgin Mary.
   She didn't interrupt, and couldn't understand his prayer, yet he began to speak in English, and she spied his verbal communication, which was then directed to God, or as Tom called Him, Papa.
   Tom, crying:  "Why do they think it's just washing and making things straight Papa?  Of course that's part of it, but the anguish concerning things.  Sexual thoughts I loathe--these intrusive images constantly afflicting me.  Seeing a knife on the counter and believing I will slash my wrists.  Not suicide due to jealousy of the bourgeois, but just plain batshit crazy.  And the toilet seats--other people's negative energy upon the commode.  Why Papa?  Fill me with Thy Holy Spirit.  Make me as white as snow."
   Liberty didn't feel threatened or phobic concerning Tom, but only had pity and mercy.  A brain attacked by things unseen, those visual images nagging constantly at her love.  How cruel.  How cruel his sister didn't understand with her pathetic education--Tom didn't want what she had; Tom wanted to be normal.  To enjoy a burger without thinking the cook didn't wash his hands after a rancorous piss.
   And there was more.  But Liberty didn't give a damn, only manifesting love.
   She walked like a Native American, stealth-like, till upon him, laying over his naked frame and weeping sorrowful tears over his essence, saying:  "I love you Tom.  I love you."
   Tom replied:  "But what if I hurt you or myself?  What if this never stops?  I can't touch things without viewing them as tainted by people's cruelty.  They think what I have is cliche--merely being neat and clean, but it transcends that bullfunk."
   Liberty's tears pouring forth over him; her arms wrapped around his body:  "I won't let anything happen to you Tom.  My love will make all your demons depart--I give you my loving word."