Monday, May 30, 2016

Liberty's Sparkle (40)

   
   "Liberty's Sparkle (40)"
   
   Faye got the name of the house-calling physician Tom was seeing, an altruistic type, hellbent on driving away people's internal demons--his name was Marty, and he always expected his patients to call him that.  Marty worked Pro Bono for the low income types, out of love for healing.  He met Faye at her apartment, it having had a metamorphosis from immature Goth, to a more elaborate type of classical Goth, her having picked up many Catholic statues and such for her surroundings.  So, as he sat, the conversation began.

MARTY
You said on the phone that this had to do with molestation.

FAYE
Yeah, my crummy father was a real screwball.  I don't blame him anymore, but for years, all I wanted was the attention of guys.  Creepy guys too.  Did anything to get it.  But then, I met Liberty, Tom's wife.  After meeting this wondrous girl everything changed.  I took all my piercings out of my face, and I want to remove my tattoos; plus, I haven't had sex in months.  I'm looking for real love now.

MARTY
So, what's the problem then?  Having trouble relaxing, sleeping, eating?

FAYE
No--none of that.  I just want you to help Tom more.

MARTY
I can't discuss other patients.

FAYE
I'm not stupid; I know that.  But this guy is a mess, and Liberty's enchanting soul hasn't healed him like it has healed me.  Please Marty--help Tom.  Do everything in your power to make him the man he deserves to be.  Liberty tells me all, and we're both really worried about him.

MARTY
You are a nice friend Faye, and don't worry--I'll do my best with Tom.

FAYE
Thanks Doc, uh, I mean Marty.