Thursday, May 19, 2016

GRAVITY'S RAINBOW (1973); plus, Wernher von Braun

   
   "GRAVITY'S RAINBOW (1973); plus, Wernher von Braun"

   I adore seeing a certain medical man bi-monthly--there, we discuss my wily weirdness--of course my man; moreover, complex novels like Pynchon's V, where alligators get loose in the sewers, and Tom Robbins with all his eloquently forged literature for us human creatures crafted bizarre; still, it is not as quirky as reading Philip K. Dick.  
   There is great empathy for those that still read print media, whether pulp fiction or the ARCHIE COMICS reprinted for the flustered masses noticed at the check-out lines in grocery markets.  At least, that's my conclusion concerning meeting with physicians and their supposed smartness.  
   Anyway, here is a quote from Wernher von Braun, as mentioned by Pynchon in 1973's GRAVITY'S RAINBOW, it somewhat goes, and from a space engineer and scientist:
   "Nature does not know extinction; all it knows is transformation.  Everything science has taught me, and continues to teach me, strengthens my belief in the continuity of spiritual existence after death."
   Thus, be nice, or Santa puts coal in your brilliantly ornamented and lovely stocking.