Thursday, June 21, 2018

Basements/Pittsburgh

Basements/Pittsburgh

   My Mom was a bit of a snob.  She's over it.  My cousin, brother, and myself were driving past Pap and Grandma's old house and they said:  Who would want to live like this?
   Hell, I would.  Would do plenty of harvesting for rights to the old shanty with a million dollar basement needing tobacco purification and the vibes of a cold Iron City being cracked open along with live radio and a junkyard dog, nice lady in the kitchen cooking pot roast with pure butter, spice, and crisping carrots. 
   I was told that the poor are skanky, yet now I know better, for if they have purpose it provides pure promise. 
   So, I desired to be a writer--the best in the galaxy.  Who is to thieve that from me? Would see the journalists with their pewter flasks full of fun juice for inspiration--being a writer allows you to have a few beers on the job--afterwards u go home and pop garlic followed by hot or iced coffee. 
   Pap mentioned someone was a thief at work and got heckled:  What were they stealing, the coal? 
   A man who was our Patriarchal vine and did more than merely provide--as well as honest, kind, smart, and strong.  He could cook, garden, maintenance, foreign languages, and endure a stubborn German wife.   He's gold to me.