Wednesday, October 11, 2017

God Bless Santa Monica

   
   "God Bless Santa Monica"
  
   Santa Monica:  Saint Monica, mother of Saint Augustine, born on November 13th, the Virgin's number, and followed Mani, the supposed incarnation of the Holy Spirit, beheaded, and his body stuffed with straw before being hung on a gate.  Though Mani was better than we think; regardless, Saint Monica wept for her son.  Saint Ambrose, I believe, said that a mother who weeps for her son; next, that boy will live forever, as does the Son of David, Christ.
   And back in the 80's--I experienced the City of Angels, twice.  Cross country drive, through Apache territory.  Running into the Tribe at a gas station during the witching hour, my buddy "Ham" alongside.  We got outta there, kinda frightened, but respected them; then, drove my Mustang into the desert and took our pisses with the water-filled cacti.  
   The City of Angels was gorgeous in the 80's.  Rock and Roll; plus, no traffic on Santa Monica Boulevard.  Memories are fireproof.  I lost my QUEENSRYCHE album underneath a hotel couch out there, and I was only 18.