Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Rods of Aaron and Moses

   
   "The Rods of Aaron and Moses"
   
   Aaron--Moses' big brother, and he gets no credit in Hollywood.  The Golden Triangle:  Academia, Media, Celebrity, or something like that, all lies, mostly.
   They put their Rods in the Ark, and they morphed into almonds.  Eat a few almonds everyday; next, you cut your risk of cancer in half, so some say.  
   Moses was shy.  Send my brother Aaron to speak for me.  Aaron did.  He loved his little brother.
   I always wanted to be pals with my big brother, but he would have none of it.  I looked up to him, especially his greatest possession--a fire-red 1969 Mustang with a small block; specifically, a 302, factory hood induction, and dual exhaust--it would hit sixty in a flat six.  Pretty good.  But the private college goons called him a redneck, and he sold it.  He should've owned it.  It eats Jaguars for breakfast.  Nothing could take it out of the hole--we're talking some serious torque.
   He sold his soul.  Wanted to be a historian, but got talked into other things.  Still, he loves the Razorbacks, God Bless him.  His daughter could've won the Bram Stoker Award, living in his apartment over the garage with 27 cats and having no friends.  She's a genius, linguistically.  But drank the Kool-Aid and got all pseudo-medical.  His middle child is gifted.  I can tell.  Has great empathy, beyond even me.  I hope he remembers that he is a King, not a Brown.  He was built for mercy.  
   But hell, I'm a schlemiel when it comes to socializing; moreover, a schlimazel when it comes to the ladies.  Thank God the Lord gave me a cabbage and not a brain.  I would've been dangerous if I had a brain; however, the sublime thing about being a cabbage--people underestimate you.  So, I'm not a total schmuck after all, as I Confessed, face to face, with my Priest on Saturday, as if the Virgin Herself was calling me a Schmuck.  I can do more for my mother.  You can always give more.  But money makes us anxious and greedy.  Fuck it.  Give, and ye shall receive.