Sunday, October 22, 2017

Last Detail, 1973

   
   "Last Detail, 1973"
   
   Everywhere I go, I am reminded:  Everyone wants to kill me.  They want to kill you too, allegorically.  You think your friend is your friend?  The devil is living right under your own roof.
   Yeah, I see that piece of steel behind the bar.  You know who I am:  "I am--the goddamn Shore Patrol!!!"
   They say, flame on.  I say, virgin on.  It's good to be a virgin.  So much pinned up energy.  Hell, a virgin can kill a legion with a mere wink.  And we all know what King Solomon wrote concerning the wink.  
  That's all.  Nothing fancy.  Cracker Jack Uniform.  Enlisted Man.  Good for him.  Because the enlisted man takes the bullets, mostly--while you officers sit and smoke cigars, mostly.  But we love you; you only make us more like G. Gordon Liddy, and he is a good man.  Always will be.