Friday, August 19, 2016

Ash Heap Hound (10)

   
   "Ash Heap Hound (10)"
   
   Conner found me naked, scattering back to my trailer in search of garments.  Once concealed by my modest habitat, I heard him knocking on the door; next, I yelled:  "Getting dressed dude!"
   It was all too much.  Too extraordinary and bizarre, yet benign, if we put our heads together.  My Dad was still alive; plus, he lived in the utopia-like suburbs out West.  I could move back in, take Conner, and we could make a go of it.  I should've never left home on a hobo's crusade anyway, but maybe this was kismet's kiss--I was hungry for independence, and it led me to Conner.
   So, yup.  I would call Daddy; then, take Conner and his suave but sickly cool home with my American Foxhound self.  People take care of each other, especially if love is involved.  Get the joke, like Yemana told Barney Miller in them 1970's, saying:  "Being married is like having a horse with a broken leg.  You can shoot it, but that won't solve the problem."
   I had to take sublime action.  Daddy would understand.