Saturday, August 6, 2016

Love Contrivance (1)

   
   "Love Contrivance (1)"
   
   Nashville and sibling Franklin have a geographical and metaphysical synergy; specifically, Civil War specters on one side; moreover, a new named stadium, to hold the gladiators that play for the Athens of the South.
   I was in the warehouse, folding newspapers, like putting them in plastic bags and all that shit, rolling the ancient newsprint for all the old people without the Internet.
   A twenty-two year old girl thought I looked okay, possibly decent, and she made a soft flirt; next, I told her what Old Jack Kennedy used to say.  Afterwards, a dude my age came up to me, when she had exited the scene, and dude said:  "Man, she doesn't even know who Jack Kennedy is."
   That's me.  Simon Swiss.  A cheesy guy, but I like anchovies and banana peppers on my Italian pies, like a pregnant woman.  I'm sorry if my sense of humor bothers you.  But you're the one reading this.
   So, I loaded up my antiquated Plymouth; next, hit the nocturnal suburbs, slinging papers, and getting pulled over plenty by T. J. Hooker types, but once they looked inside and saw my hundreds of newspapers, it was all cool.  I would go on my way, catching special glimpses of wild yet suburban foxes and the chickens or rabbits clasped between their hunting incisors.