Thursday, August 4, 2016

Goose Clover (2)

   
   "Goose Clover (2)"
   
   Yeah, gas was around 59 cents a gallon, and once, some fancy lady with a CHARLIE'S ANGELS type of  hairstyle tipped me with a two dollar bill, showcasing Virginia's greatest lover--no, not George Jefferson, for he owned a type of laundromat.
   Anyway, it was the Bicentennial year, and a corduroy suit only cost around $69.00; plus, BARETTA was my favorite show on ABC.  Too, I liked listening to THE SPINNERS and WILD CHERRY.  Hell, I was old--not dead.
   So, I was cruising around Regency Mall, headed to my apartment complex.  My sweet sister, the chemist, was there with a sample of the new toothpaste she had invented; moreover, she had made some tacos.  It was a pretty cool night.  And always sweet to have a loving sibling, even though she was considering voting for a peanut farmer.