Saturday, August 13, 2016

Love Contrivance (20)

   
   "Love Contrivance (20)"
   
   My date with Ai went as fine as California wine; moreover, she was pleasant, charming, had honor, integrity, at least in vocal admittance; however, before we parted, and with a soft smooch from her China doll lips, though she was Japanese made, she offered another ethnic slur in jocular fashion, saying:  "Why can't you buy an Irishman a birthday present?  Because you can't wrap up an entire pub."     
   I casually cruised home in the monster Plymouth, getting my weirdness out with a heavy foot in the backwoods of Franklin, using the potent low-end torque produced by the behemoth big block.
   At Grandma's, Lucy was there, and I told my girly cousin about my interest and suspicions concerning Ai.  Lucy smiled, knowing me; next, offered:  "Whether she's silicone or flesh--you should get some sex Simon.  It's been over a decade.  Unless of course you pursue the process of underground Monk, going on Grandma's forever quest--or counterpoise it--do both!"
   I thought about it.  Then, I watched the local news concerning the Big Orange.  Thought of Wally and work, and all of it--I was mollified by a moderate reality.