Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Flash: The Wiry Whippet (1)

   
   "Flash:  The Wiry Whippet (1)"
   
   My name is Flash.  I'm a Whippet; specifically, a sprinter, not made for endurance though, but I got me some stamina when it comes to spirit.
   I'm a descendant of the famous Greyhound, originating in Great Britain.  I live on a farm.  There are roosters.  Don't bother them.  Don't want an angry spur in my direction.  Hens too, but they're nice.
   My Master's name is Henry--he's a nice Old-Timer.  A widower.  Has a shotgun to scare away the foxes and coyotes.  I hope he never hits one, for they're kinda like my brethren.
   Scooper is my buddy.  He's a Lab-Mix.  Mixed with a little weird.  Big and goofy.  Both of us are allowed in Henry's house, but Scooper's tail always wags, in perpetual motion, knocking things off of the coffee table and such.  Henry doesn't get mad though.  He's laid back.  Likes to watch women's soccer.
   Anyway, this is just the tale, not my tail, but the tale of a haunted Halloween, when Henry had to deal with some crazy kids plotting to egg and roll our farmhouse.  But it doesn't involve him using his shotgun.  That's only for predators.  And immature kids aren't predators, mostly.  Heck, it's America--a country of second chances.