Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Ash Heap Hound (4)

   
   "Ash Heap Hound (4)"
   
   So me:  Zoe--I was like unto an American Foxhound when the Moon was waxing full.  Kind, loyal, a great family companion, yet I still wore a battery on my shoulder, always daring you to knock it off, and I guess that's cause I kinda looked like a Beagle, but hey--Snoopy was cool, and NO!!!  I'm not friends with any yellow birds.
   Anyway, that's my bizarrely strange secret.  But, about Conner--it was no secret.  I had a thing for him ever since he took his mighty wrench and knocked that creep in the mouth at the junkyard who was trying to up-skirt me with a Smart Phone's camera.  All kinda weirdos come to the royal junkyard, and not weird like me, but malevolent.  Just plain nasty thugs--into violence and shit; anyway, I mustered up my toxic cool and went to talk to Conner, him underneath the 1969 Mustang with the small but fiery 302 block--I probed:  "What are you doing my man?"  Then, I figured I sounded too butch, but he was cool, responding:  "Madame, I'm checking on the water pump."
   Just to get verbal confirmation from him that I was alive, and that he wasn't a dream--well, it was heartwarming.