Thursday, August 11, 2016

Love Contrivance (15)

   
   "Love Contrivance (15)"
   
   And yes, I practiced parts of my Southern Catholicism, especially in invoking the Angels and Saints to pray for Grandma and her elderly condition.  And my dreams were a bit bizarre, but not without sublimity, thinking:  Rob Roy doth protest, not the cocktail, and a red-hued pubic hair, so on fire, even if from a Saint, possibly, a Holy Relic--ya never know.
   I jumped from my disturbing daytime snooze.  Got up, put on proper wear for the autumn's arrival, totally khaki pants, always, and checked on Grandma, eating some grapes, able to have mobility in the morning and lift herself to her own wheelchair--things were happening.
   Next, I went out into the afternoon breeze, underneath the azure noon with a daystar igniting my internal energy, cranked the Road Runner to a tongue-sticking life, and beep beep--I was out of there.
   At the gas station, again with eatery convenience, I picked up a nutty candy bar, and watched as a Japanese girl outside flipped a dude over.  I rushed to the scene, but she was already on her Smart Horn, had dialed 9/11, and was telling how she was almost mugged, but her Judo saved her, telling the emergency operator her name was Ai, and that:  "When your enemy comes, welcome him; when he goes, send him on his way."  And it was all cool.