Saturday, August 20, 2016

C.J. Box and BADLANDS


   
   "C.J. Box and BADLANDS"
   
   Being in a perpetual phase of moonstruck, no--not romantic love, but in a state of saddened awe for the Mother reflecting Her bleeding Son's brilliant salvation, I sauntered hunchback-style through my local grocery market dubbed PUBLIX.
   I am not concave, nor do I have curvature of the vertebrae, but a cerebral hyperactivity that hinders my posture; plus, the toxic stigma of being socially slow eternally haunts me, until my next manifestation of again, meaning my energy is forever; anyway, in that food-hunting market, I stumbled across the magazines and paperbacks, finding C.J. Box; specifically, his immortally cool novel:  BADLANDS.
   It was freaking $9.99, but I purchased it, for what is more sublime than a paperboy and a female cop from Montana?  It did NOT disappoint!!!
   The "slow" kid Kyle is sincerely heroic, outshining even William Wallace in the art of butch bravery.  And Cassie, the female cop with super-suave cool is totally solid; moreover, the literary culmination stings the heart with gladness for all of us--if we've lost loved ones, and we all have.  
   Too, the Teddy Roosevelt moments are heartfelt, feeding us spiritual strength, and a physical chance to always grow, no matter how corporeally warped we are; next, entrance into the Otherworld.
   To me--the book's metaphor is:  resilience.  I adored it.  Heck, might read it again, someday, when all is falling down around me, and I need a firecracker of hope to ignite my human sparkle.