Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Love Contrivance (12)

   
   "Love Contrivance (12)"
   
   Tucking Grandma into bed, a cough drop in her mouth, and one of those fancy, female 100-long cigarettes dangling between her lips; moreover, an ashtray placed strategically beneath--so that she didn't burn the quasi-suburban house down; then, I left for work, talked to Wally about the Big Orange and their running game; next, flung my newspapers, conversed with a couple of cops on my route; plus, the dude working @ the open ALL NIGHT gas station with eatery convenience, where I got some cheese crackers, and then:  I pondered, with reflecting reverie, the Scooby-Doo van.
   Indeed, I needed a mystery.  A shake up in life.  But who would constantly watch over my elderly Grandma?  At least I could get a dog.  Not a rich man; thus, I went to the pound.  Found a damn Goldendoodle, can you believe it?  An elegant hybrid, bred to not shed; also,be friendly and serve and protect.  Her name was Jumbles.  I liked her, and she liked me.  But when I put her into the Plymouth Road Runner and cranked up the powerful, big block 8 cylinder--she cringed, as might a coyote knowing he or she can never win the animated race.
   Oh well, Jumbles and me, old Simon Swiss, well, we would be fast and true friends, loyal to the end.  That's what dogs are for.