Saturday, August 6, 2016

Goose Clover (7)

   
   "Goose Clover (7)"
   
   ABC was my favorite television network; anyway, Freckles and me were watching DONNY & MARIE, a variety show that had debuted in January @ the ignition of the Bicentennial year for these here great States of Liberty.   
   My company seemed to be persuading Freckles to be more spirited with much mirth and glamorous glee.  I never knew that a soul's spiritual energy could outshine their corporeal aspects and make them glow like a radiant Full Moon.  Well, Freckles was sparkling.  And it was all cause of me, Goose Clover, or wiser:  our adoring synergy.  Two clumsy old timers in this wacky world.
   We weren't having a relationship that was carnally hinting of cool, like might a 1960's Dean Martin movie, but I got her off the downers; indeed, didn't need VALLEY OF THE DOLLS around my chain-smoking sophistication, and like Bette Davis used to kinda say:  "I loathe a man who doesn't smoke."
   So, deciding our gregarious gel was smooth, like a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass with a 350 Rocket, yet only a two barrel, I asked her to marry me.  Picked up a small diamond ring at a pawn shop, and she let me put it on her freckled finger.  Yup, my sister, the chemist, was right.  Love can matter, if you look and listen to somebody enough--somebody disarmed by circumstance, yet still standing, just patiently waiting to be saved from the contagion of existence.