Monday, August 22, 2016

Ash Heap Hound (16)

   
   "Ash Heap Hound (16)"
   
   Simple axiom:  Horsepower sells cars; however, Torque wins races!!!
   Yeah, I liked the Japanese stuff; moreover, always had a fascination with Godzilla, especially when he fought King Kong--didn't like the part when King Kong swung him around by the tail, it kinda got me pissed.
   Anyway, so did this kid named Dwayne.  Fancy dresser.  Rich family.  Prestige simply handed to him.  And he had an eye on my daughter, Zoe.  This wasn't good for Conner or her.
   Came to her, boasting of his new Nissan Z, giving the specs, professing:  "3.7 liter with 332 horses pulling me, and a six-speed manual for quicksilver shifting."
   Zoe blew him off, and Conner just ignored him; nevertheless, like a pest, he kept coming to my garage, keeping his creepy eye on Zoe, flashing the dollar sign, that new God, that new wine in the hearts of us Americans.  I just prayed and believed that Zoe would continue blowing him off, or better yet, humble him with her 'Cuda.